Rikesh Raichura FCCA
Rikesh@Raichura.Net – 01908 614 944 / 07889 517226
Experienced Developer and Administrator of Hyperion Financial
Management and Hyperion
July 2010 – Date
Business Intelligence Executive Advisor
· Solutions Design Lead for HFM implementation at a major UK Bank
o Led Design Workshops with Client
o Produced Solutions Design Document
o Transformed business requirements into HFM Design
· Led HFM rules design and implementation for a HFM implementation for a large Food Manufacturing Company
· Provided HFM technical advice and solutions for a HFM implementation at a large Insurance Company
Jan2008 – July 2010
· Part of the group finance leadership team responsible for maintaining and developing the HFM application and related financial processes and procedures
· Recently completed a project to totally re-write the HFM application to address system deficiencies and to include:
o Balance Sheet Movement Tables
o Automatic Cash flow Generation
o Improved Intercompany elimination
o Advanced process management
o Allow different data views, ie before and after IFRS Adjustments, Management Allocations and Statutory Adjustments
o Implementation of FDM
o Increase system speed and efficiency
§ Reduced total database size from 100GB to 10 GB
§ Reduced consolidation times from 12 hours to 66 mins
§ Reduced calculation times from 8 seconds to less than 1
o P&L, BS and ROIC by Brand
· Re-engineered the server landscape and harmonised software patches and configuration to address system stability and Performance issues
· Managing a team of 4 people
· Responsible for SOX compliance
· Managing the relationships with IT and various stakeholders
Oct 2007 – Dec 2007
Oracle (Hyperion Solutions)
· Assigned to various clients to debug rules files and assist in HFM development
Apr 2007 – Oct 2007
Xansa PLC / Monitor (NHS Regulator)
HFM Development and Maintenance
· Assigned to salvage an implementation which had gone wrong
· Debugged/Re-wrote rules file and corrected Metadata
· Fixed errors in WDEFS and Web Grids and re-wrote the Reports set
· Trained all users and super users
· Trained Xansa personnel on HFM administration
· Maintained the support desk
Jan 2006 – Mar 2007
Compass Group PLC
Financial Systems Analyst – HFM Development and Maintenance
· Responsible for:
o Developing and maintaining Rules and Metadata for 3 HFM applications
o Working with UK IT for server and database maintenance and management
o Assisting with End User support and training
· Achievements to date include:
o Adding roll-forward tables to all balance sheet accounts
o Introduction of PL sector analysis
o Implementation of KPI reporting
o Creation and management of new applications for disposed businesses and internal divisions
o UK/IFRS GAAP reporting
o Creation of Database Management codes – these can be executed by users to perform tasks such as copying data from a particular period/year/scenario
o Maintenance and creation of Reports and WDEFS
o Creation of a Summary Forecast facility
o Created rules to “write to file” non standard extracts of data from HFM for loading into external systems
o Implementation of a web conferencing solution for user training, support and discussion.
Jun 2001- Dec 2005
Senior Systems Accountant
· Developed the Hyperion Financial Management application, which mirrored the current Hyperion Enterprise application.
· The application was built in HFM 3.0 and regularly migrated to the latest available version of HFM – including System 9
· The application contained approx 4000 entities, used all four custom dimensions, eliminated inter-company, had a number of translation rules in place, and had all the rules usually found in Enterprise (Brought forward balances etc).
· As I was the sole person working on this project, I was lucky to gain a lot of experience in the creation and management of an HFM application.
I was involved in
the Beta testing of HFM and System 9 with Hyperion in the
· I gained good experience of using the HFM reports module and was able to create moderately complex reports.
I worked closely
with the Hyperion Development teams in the
· Re-shelling applications
· Currency converting data – including data manipulation for the implementation of the Euro currency
· Changing the chart of accounts in Hyperion and converting historical data
· Entity & Account tables, lists conversions
· Evaluating new releases for adoption
· Creating reports in Enterprise Reporting and Excel Retrieve
· Matching legal entity accounts (published) to Hyperion and amending structure
· Automation of annual accounts production (Published accounts and Management Accounts)
· Exchange Rate loading and checking
· Project: Cash Flow Analysis – implantation of cash flow reporting
· Amending structures - Entity and Accounts
· Use of Citrix
· User training and support – telephone, face to face and classroom trainibg
· Various ad hoc tasks
Sep 2000 - May 2001
· Co-ordinated the European implementation of a world-wide rollout of the Hyperion Enterprise and Essbase applications as a means for entities to submit their Actual, Forecast and Budget financials.
· At the start of the project, it was my responsibility to work closely with senior management at both the World and European Headquarters to provide a consistent approach on a global basis. This process involved a great deal of negotiation and diplomacy.
I worked with
finance staff at over 30 locations in
Our first major
deadline was in early February 2001, whereby
The information that had to be entered
was 7 dimensional and was a lot more detail than was required under old
processes. The requirement of more detail coupled with the new applications and
methodology presented a big challenge to my team and to
· We managed to meet this deadline and were the only region in the world to do so.
Due to system connectivity
issues across Europe, I was the only person in
· To train European Personnel to use the applications
To manage the
upload, consolidation and reporting processes across
· To manage application security and systems issues
To manage a
project team of 10 people across
· To liaise with and advise senior management on next steps and progress.
Financial Planning Analyst
· To provide senior management with financial forecast, budget and strategic plan information to allow judgement to be made on the company’s likely future performance
· To review divisional and affiliate inputs into the forecasting process and investigate reasons for changes from expected performance
· Monitoring actual Company performance versus forecast, highlighting significant variances
To consolidate Heinz
Europe financials for communication to the Executive Vice President
· To facilitate the consolidation of financials, I built a Hyperion Enterprise Application (Conseuro) which was then heavily relied upon by the financial planning department.
· Upon seeing this application in use, I was approached by another department to build them their own application for use in the consolidation of their information. I worked closely with them to build an application to suit their needs. Again, they now heavily rely on the application. What used to take them 6 man-days to accomplish now only takes less than 1!
October 1997 – May 1999
· Ensure all accounting data has been processed by the accounting, insurance and fleet departments for the statement period.
· Review the various fleet accounts for costs of new, used and daily rental cars with the fleet department head and book any corrections/adjustments.
· Review the depreciation charge on all cars in the fleet.
· Review the fixed asset register and the associated depreciation charge.
· Calculate and allocate the corporate interest charges to various cost and profit centres.
· Review and submit all accruals, prepayments and other accounting entries.
· Review the branch profit summaries and branch performance income statements on a daily basis (during the monthly close process) and book any corrections.
· Analyse and review all significant monthly fluctuations in the accounts (compared to the previous 3 months).
· Analyse and review various “per unit” analysis reports and provide explanations for any major items and fluctuations.
· Review the accounting for the sale of used cars with the car sales department head and book any corrections.
· Review and ensure that correct accounting procedures have been followed during the statement period by all staff and ensure staff are trained as necessary on any points arising.
· Answer questions regarding the financial statements asked by non-accounting personnel.
financial statement package to be sent to the corporate headquarters in the
· Prepare the monthly VAT return
· Prepare an analysis of the prior month Balance Sheet.
· Prepare the forecast-actual report, comparing the prior month’s results with those forecast at the beginning of the financial year.
· Manage the bank reconciliation process.
· Assist/train the staff in the accounts department on all queries/problems.
· Ensure monies received from customers are receipted and banked correctly and promptly.
· Assisting in the general management and upkeep of the office.
· Various other ad-hoc duties and projects.
Stephen Bland & Co – Chartered Accountants
· Responsible for managing the monthly bookkeeping for various clients
· Preparation of management accounts and VAT returns
· Run weekly and monthly payroll for approximately 15 clients
Exams completed June 1998 (All first time passes)
BA Hons Accounting with Computing
3 A Levels
Accounting Grade A
Economics Grade A
Mathematics Grade A
10 GCSEs (All at grades A-C)
Hyperion Essbase and
Various Hyperion Enterprise and Hyperion Financial Management courses as and when required.
Attendance to various US/UK/European Hyperion user conferences.
Attendance to UK User Group, European CAM and US CAB meetings for HFM.
Other Positions Held: Co-Deputy Chair of the UKOUG HFM SIG
Vice President and Executive Committee Member of the MKHA
Held: LEA appointed School Governor –
Personal Information: Date of Birth: 30th March 1975